Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Madrid & Segovia - (VIDEO)

After landing in Madrid and a short Metro ride into the city, we finally checked into Hostel Gaudi.  This little Hostel was located about a ten-minute walk from Puerta del Sol, and best of all offered 
3-bed rooms with a private bath.  It definitely felt more like a hotel than a hostel. 

This video was shot in Madrid and Segovia.  We spent one night in Madrid before heading west toward Portugal.  We decided to stop and see the castle in Segovia on the way.
  

Everything was shot with a Canon 7D Mark II, with a Canon 10-22mm lens, and possibly a Canon 70-200mm.  A circular polarizer was used for pretty much all daytime outdoor shots.  This was also my first outing with a Glidecam.  As you may have noticed in the video, I'm still learning.  Nevertheless, I managed to get some workable shots with it.  

On a side note, this was also the first time I've tried to only shoot with a DSLR.  I usually shoot with a Panasonic AG-AC160A, which is a video camera with a fixed super-zoom lens.  My first take from going all DSLR is that I hate switching lenses because it's time-consuming.  I shoot a ton of close-then-wide shots of landscapes and other subjects, which a fixed super-zoom makes a breeze.  Second, I really miss XLR inputs and dedicated audio controls, although the new Rode Video MicPro-R did a pretty decent job on its first journey.  

Please subscribe to my YouTube page for new video updates, and of course, you can also check back here for behinds the scenes info and other fun stuff.  Myep...

No comments:

Post a Comment